- He ignores the classic, time honored cliché, “Praise in public, criticize in private.”
- He gives you assignments and doesn’t follow up.
- He doesn’t support you when something goes wrong.
- He thinks everything is fine when it isn’t.
- He constantly claims that he is empowering you, but isn’t.
- He micro-manages and needs to know everything.
- He acts paranoid.
- He jumps to conclusions.
- He doesn’t know how to plan, prioritize or organize.
- If it isn’t his idea, then it can’t be good.
- He implements two-faced attacks.
- He tells sarcastic jokes or teases.
And believe it or not, even there are books which specially talk about bad boss stuff, , for example Crazzy Bosses written in 1992. Stanley Bing composed it to help people spotting, serving, surviving them - not run away from them.