I used to be addicted to computer games and was having a lot of problems with it, one of them is visual impairment. Don't know why, recently this addiction has been unconsciously cured. There might be 2 reasons behind of it: mid 20 is the age when people stop having interest playing computer games, or games' quality have been dropping steadily since the start of 21st century. I think the latter makes more sense. Games used to be fun and smart, not just cooking stuffs or growing farm and then 3 days later you need to log-in again or you score will go down.
Nevertheless, I've compiled a list of remarkable games I've ever played in the correct sequence as I could remember.
- Prince of Persia is a DOS game. Not much stories mentioned but overall it was quite fascinating for that era.
- Romance of The Three Kingdoms (KOEI) is also a DOS game. I guess it's written in C? It's a strategy game based on the famous Chinese history about The Three Kingdoms period, I used to read the official novel written by Luo Guanzhong composed of 120 chapters.
- The Incredible Machines (Sierra Entertainment) is also a DOS game.
- Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3 is a Nintendo console game series. Everyone born in 80's might know this game as it was so popular and broadly sold illegally as one of the preloaded package of "made-in-china cheap Nintendo copycat".
- Pizza Tycoon by MicroProse, is a DOS game. I spent a lot of time playing this.
- Sim Tower by Maxis
- Sim Farm by Maxis
- Theme Hospital by Bullfrog, with some cute diseases like bloaty head and slack tongue
- Mortal Kombat, exactly this version. It used to be cool and now it sounds like funny CPU tones.
- Transport Tycoon Deluxe by Chris Sawyer. It's good for brain.
- Sailor Moon RPG is quite a girlie useless game, but I finished it anyway.
- Parasite Eve is a PS game, RPG style. It was fun and cool. I spent like 1 week vacation playing this non-stop.
- Space Colony is a "the-sims" style game, except that this is on outer space.
- Super Mario RPG
- The SIMS 2
- The SIMS 3 - the last game I've played up to now.
- A friend was suggesting Team Fortress 2. Perhaps I will try it.